Wednesday 20 February 2013

CREATING SAMPLES THROUGH RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT

I next began to take the shapes from my drawings and photographs and develop them through samples in machine/hand stitch. I tried to minimise and pick out the repetitive shapes for my samples - each sample turned out different, some weren't so good, but still gave me ideas of how to develop them further.
 

hand stitched - ladder stitch with french knots through the middle -  imitating the growth of mushrooms on the bark of the trees.
imitating tree branch shapes through small french knots.

in this sample i imitated the shapes from one of my black ink drawings - using various widths experimenting with the satin stitch - i also added some white tone using the embellisher.
creating textured layers to represent shapes and layers in bark - french knots representing mushroom growth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment