Monday 4 November 2013

LAYERING MATERIALS

I have looked at different ways of layering materials/photographs together, I found that acetate worked well as you could see through the layers which gives an interesting effect. 


 I outlined and painted some of the figures in one of my photographs onto acetate and layered it onto one of my duplicated building pictures - this gave the effect of an escalator imprinted onto the buildings of Manchester.


This experiment didn't exactly work but I still found the process interesting and I still like the idea behind it. I started out by photocopying one of my pictures onto acetate, this didn't work as he ink was left wet on the acetate but it held the shapes. I took a photographs I had taken on Market st and lay the acetate 'ink down' onto the photograph. It turned out like this - it isn't exactly the way I wanted it but it's still interesting - and something I will learn from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment