Thursday 27 September 2012

Liverpool Biennial


On tuesday (25th september) I went on a trip to liverpool with my university, to see the Liverpool Biennial Art Festival. My Purpose on the trip was to explore the word 'Journey', this word to me has a wide range of meanings so I planned to explore this word on my travels. When exploring Liverpool I came across a small building named 'The Liverpool Arts Centre' although not part of the Biennial i found this quaint place to hold amazing art pieces, i especially had an interest in a exhibition that made jelly fish figures with old plastic milk cartons - i found this to be a very inventive way of creating such sculptures.


At the exhibition we were not strictly allowed to take photographs, but the designers were kin and let us take a few snaps!

Next I visited area 2 of the Biennial, here I found some small drawings of trees and growth - this started my brain going and thinking again about the word 'Journey' and that the link between plants and Journeys is 'the life cycle' or 'the Journey of life' and how i could interprete that into my work - there are endless possibilities to this and i seek to carry it further along on Journey!

I also visited the 'tate' museum, here I was amazed with the amount of spectacular modern art.

I thoroughly enjoyed my 'Journey' through Liverpool and found the Biennial to be Inspiring to me as an undergraduate and aspiring Designer.


No comments:

Post a Comment