Friday 18 October 2013

ARTIST MICHAEL AWAD

When researching urban influences I came across this artist 'Michael Awad', Awad is a photographer that collates images in urban cities together. I particularly took interest in the escalator photographs, the engravings in the escalators remind me of that I copied from my photographs of Manchester. 

'analyse and interpret an artists work of your own choice in order to develop a body of individual work of your own.'
Re-reading the brief I have chosen this artist to interpret on my journey to create a body of work of my own.

Here are some example of work on 'Escalators' by Michael Awad 






The marks from my paintings remind me of the escalator engravings, I could develop this with paint running through the engraving marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment