Friday 26 September 2014

Journey to Decay

On my first tutorial of the term, I have discussed my concept and found that I may have given myself a ‘theme’ rather than a concept as such, as the practice unit is longer than any project I have done before I need the concept to be broader, in order to keep my idea’s flowing. With this I have started to explore the larger subject of ‘decay’. I have first focused on the journey of objects decaying- experimenting firstly with an apple cut in half that I have watched and recorded the decay of it for a week.








 On completion of this experiment my intent was to then draw and experiment with material to capture the detail of the apple on its journey, but I felt as if it wasn’t original – it was something I had seen done before. After mind- mapping the word ‘Decay’ I started to think of the way objects decay over time – and how things evolve. A city for example, buildings are built new and decay over time, and then new ones are built next to them, creating an interesting contrast between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment