Wednesday 28 November 2012

Evaluation Of Origins Unit


I think that in this project I have made strong connections between my research (drawing etc.) and my final samples. I have studied the shapes and forms in my research and tried to translate them through knit and weave. I have translated the colours (tones and shades) and have also tried to keep the textures in my drawings, but through varied yarns. The research aspect of this project has also been strongly developed through this project with drawings, photographs and artist inspiration.

I created a range of drawings, including collages, in this particular drawing below I began looking at bark and the textures and shapes within it – I did a series of these drawings which I found to be successful in that it gave me inspiration on how to translate the shapes and textures through yarns and into knit and weave.

In this project I think that my drawings have developed more – I made a series of detailed drawings using a range of media, but I think that in future projects that I would like to push myself further and use a range of scale – push the boundaries and work out of my sketchbook. the possibilities of scale are endless.

 
In this project I have learnt that I have a ‘knack’ for the knitting machines and once the techniques were learnt I found it very easy to push these techniques further – mixing techniques, yarns, colours and translating my research into the knit samples. I enjoyed knit mor than weave as I found weave quite restricting.
 In this project, I have been greatly influenced through my contextualising practice research, throughout this project I have been thinking of ‘what is making?’ and is what I am doing making? Is the development process making? These questions have helped me push my work further.

This project I think that I have managed my time well in that I have met all my deadlines – with all work finished at what I believe to be a excellent standard, although I do think I could have put more time in to push my work further. I think that I used my workshop time very well as I was in the workshop – booked on a machine nearly every day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment