Wednesday 12 November 2014

Clare Tough

Clare Tough is a knitwear designer. Her collection are interesting because the knit is varied – parts chunky and part fine, her work is almost like a patchwork, with pieces of knit joint together – it looks as if you don’t know how it fits or where pieces place until there put on the body. 

She also uses a lot of colour in her latest collections, something that I am working use more of in my work.


Her work is different and alternative, it isn’t commercial at all, which I feel where my work sits, the fabrics I create aren’t for the high street, the areas her work is placed – put on a catwalk or worn by alternative celebrities or even used on model shoots.




Her work gives me the idea of joining pieces of my knit together – creating a change in direction, relating to my distorted photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment