Thursday 20 November 2014

Reflection Marks

 To capture the shapes and linier quality throughout my drawings I have painted out the wavy, moving line which I have pulled out of parts than run throughout my different interpretations. Using black as a base colour I painted onto acetate, therefore giving me the opportunity to layer the paintings to see what effect it has.


I also added wire to the layers. I made small wire ‘sculptures’ focusing on the shapes in my photographs, using different size wires depending on how faint the line is. 




The harshness of the wire next to the blurred quality of the paint gives an interesting contrast. On reflection I could have used more colours from my colour palette – the peach colours next to the wire and harshness of the black would add a warmer aspect to the layered pictures as a whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment