Friday 5 October 2012

After using the leaflets, and other bits and bobs collected at Liverpool Biennial, I started to create and construct drawings to generate ideas and further develop my work, this drawing is a silhouette of a tree, but not everyone just see's a silhouette do they? We see shape, form, detail, texture!
I need to look further into the shapes and textures within the tree, and look at the different 'bark' and 'growth' on the tree.

Looking at this drawing in paticular, I think the colours in the background of the picture work well together, especially with the white oil pastel scratched over which gives it a pastel/pale colour scheme - perhaps i could use these colours along with the colours in the image of bark below to create some interesting compostitions.
As I have chosen to construct for this unit, I Know intend to look at what yarns and threads match my colour way and develop my drawings further to create shapes and textures.


Looking at the bark I feel i could create this
through drawing through contrasting materials
such as charcoal, graphite and fineliners -
this would create a textured surface - alike
 the shapes and forms on the tree bark.

No comments:

Post a Comment