Wednesday 10 October 2012

With the 'tree bark' idea in mind I have began a series of drawings, exploring the textures and surfaces of bark using charcoal (as seen to the right) and fine liner (as seen below). I found that the fine liner drawings took longer, but they made a more detailed textured effect and I think that it created an unusual use of line. charcoal I feel is not a good use of material as it does not create a nice shape, their is no contrasting lines  - no tones, it does not have the correct characteristics for the shapes/forms that i am trying to create in my body of drawing work.
As i have chosen construct as subject for this unit I now realise i need to bring these shapes forward and create/develop them through knit and weave. I first need to establish a colour way, looking at my body of drawings I find that a mix of dark and light shades give an interesting contrast/balance to my form.
              



No comments:

Post a Comment