Friday 12 December 2014

Developing Samples

I also want to experiment with wire in knitting in this project, so using the dubied machine I started to insert wire using the inlay technique, I used a stiff wire so it was easy for me to mould it the way I wanted. Once knitted I was able to shape the knit myself, I used it to make a waved effect that I have in my research. But I need to consider if the wire is wearable, if I take this forward as a design in my final collection I need to find a way of the wire being safe to wear, as the ends could cut into anyone wearing it. There is also the option of using a finer wire, which would not have as much effect as the thicker wire but would give me mean to manipulate the knit still. I also need to take into consideration if the wire is secure enough – will it fall out of the knit? (sample below)


No comments:

Post a Comment