Tuesday 30 December 2014

Live Brief

My chosen live brief is ‘The Branding Project’ which requires me to research into a brand of my choice, and producing a sketchbook of research, mood boards and a final outcome. My chosen brand is ‘Mark Fast’ I have chosen Mark Fast as I feel his work is different to mine, his use of lycra makes his work sculpt the body and he is known for his ‘open garments’ clothing with a lot of ‘holes’ and open spaces. 

On researching all his collections, I took interest in his latest spring/summer collections. I particularly like his s/s 2014 range, his collection is very punk esc – hip and alternative. I noticed that through the collection he adds more colour – from greys to bright colours, some garments being very colourful. I like how the colour comes in gradually, sort of fades in. 



As lycra is important in relalation to his brand I intend to use it in my project. I intend to kick start this brief through the idea of an ‘open and closed structure’ which I feel his garments are, they are very detailed in areas, and then are open in other areas of a piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment