Wednesday 17 December 2014

Developing Samples

 This week I have started to work on the dubied knitting machine, mixing the ripple and ribbing techniques together, this sample is I feel successful but if I were to do it again I would change the placement of the rib slightly higher rather than in the middle. I will take forward the way the knit expands on the ripple as it gets closer to the ribbing. 


I have also started to work with the possibility of manipulating the knit once off the machine. On this technique I used the technique ‘Smocking’ stitching parts of the knit together. This created a ‘ripple’ in the knit and the colour followed the movement within the smocked area. I intend to use this technique in my final collection as I feel I can shape the knit how I want it to within relation to my research easily. 


No comments:

Post a Comment